Friday, August 30, 2013

Blog #3 Young Adults doing amazing things around us: Part 1

Hey Guys!! Welcome Back and thanks for reading another one of my blogs! I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL week, mine is going pretty well I start college next week which I am very excited for! :).. Anyway!
 
Todays blog postings come in two parts, part one is about a wonderful young woman and dear friend of mine named Francesca. The second part another local named Marissa who has started a Facebook page called TAILS.. I will be talking to her later this weekend! Here is part one with Francesca!
 
 
First, may I start off just saying how great of a young women Francesca is (or as some of her close friends call her "Chet"). I had the pleasure of attending high school with her and although I was a freshman when she was a senior she taught me SO MUCH! She has the biggest heart ever, and I will never forget some of the greatest advice she gave me for my high school career, she was always willing to help and never had a unkind word to say about anyone...that takes a lot! She has been through a lot these last few years but still finds time to help with charities. Her dream is to become a school teacher.

 I was able to chat with Francesca over Facebook and she was very happy to tell me about all of her work, and when you read it I hope you are as moved as I was, she brings me to tears this girl!


"Hey! So I do a couple things...Express does a charity every Christmas...usually we just collect donations for a women's shelter and no one participates. So last year, I decided to take it over and we did a toy drive for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. We collected all sorts of things from crayons to cameras and even a gaming chair. I told my store manager that we'd collect 100 toys, and through generous donations from employees and the community, we made it to 150 toys! They filled up a huge bin...  I plan to do the same this year.

My aunt taught me how to sew and was involved with a quilting ministry in Texas. When i started college i decided that i would make a quilt and deliver it to a random person in a nursing home every Christmas Eve. I go to the long term care ward and ask for someone who doesn't really get many visitors. I visit with the person for about a half hour to an hour and then give him or her the quilt.

(Sorry just had to chime in for a second 
guys and tell you my thoughts! This literally made me cry, I couldn't believe that she did this, God truly made her for something special, and the fact that she does it for no tangible reward like money or prizes is absolutely compelling!)

I work at Larc School in Bellmawr over the summer, which is a school for students with special needs. Every year, they have a run the bridge marathon and walk to raise funds. I've decided to train for the 10k run this year.

Another thing that you might be interested in hearing is something that happened to me at work. Long story short, I was ringing up a man i didn't know 2 years ago right before Christmas, and he bought me a $100 gift card to Express. This past Christmas, he came in the store again. I went up to him and thanked him again because I had not seen him since then, and he bought me another one. The funny thing is, it was right before Christmas both times, and his name was Nick. He was even wearing a red shirt the second time!"

I cannot even believe the things that she has accomplished and the work she is doing to make this world, and other peoples lives a better place! Especially the work with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) who have a special place in my heart as they are who saved my life as a child! The fact that she organized a lot of this all by herself and then got people to help is so awesome to!

 I am so happy to share her with you guys, and I hope that with everyone reading this you decide to do something special for someone who is in need! I attached pictures of all the toys that were collected and the AMAZING banner Francesca made and decorated herself for her employees to see and help out with! She is truly somebody who is bringing and inspiring POSITIVITY to this whole world one step at time.

Thanks for reading, be updated again soon!

xx Love& Light
Rye My

Follow me on my Blog, YouTube, Wesbite, where you can learn more!
www.youtube.com/positivenewsmaker
www.ryangmyers.com

*If you know someone who is doing good, or is doing something fun and POSITIVE  I want to hear about it, send me a message at ThePositveNewsMaker@gmail.com* :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment